top of page

 Part 8 

Post-war and modern history of the premises (1940-2020)

After the death of Franziska Moshkovich in 1939, the premises became the property of the Soviet authorities and was given to the Lviv State Regional Philharmonic with an orchestra, a Ukrainian choral band with a variety section and soloists. At the end of the 1940s years, the building housed the Palace of Pioneers, at the beginning of the 1950s - the House of Folk Art and the Department of Music and Theater Literature of the Ya. Galan State Regional Library. In the 1970s years, the Regional Scientific and Methodological Center of Folk Art and Cultural and Educational Work began its work in the premises.



Original photos, additional materials

bottom of page